Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cute things

I better write some of these things down before I forget:
  • Last week Addie told me she needed to call Santa Claus. I, of course, called Santa and put Addie on the phone. Much to my surprise (and Santa's too!) she apologized for not being a good listener and then broke into tears. She was weeping to Santa about how sorry she was. I was on the verge of tears. I felt so badly for her. She was really having a guilt moment. Through whimpers she told him how much she really wants the BJ babies and how sorry she was. Talk about a tear jerker- Santa's voice almost changed because he was trying to console her.
  • The kids love the drive home from daycare, because I tell them which window to look out for Christmas lights. It usually goes like this, "Look out Addie's, look out Ben's, keep looking out Ben's, oh look out Addie's." and so forth for the 10 minute ride home. Without fail, each time I point out lights on Ben's side, he says, "ohh cool." Very cute.
  • Ben has picked up my use of "super duper." Each morning he has to tell me "it's super duper cold" and to be "super duper careful" on the ice. :)