Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Report from our weekend

Sorry it took so long to get this posted, but my life is busy. I'm virtually a full-time working single parent during the week, so my blog suffers. :(

The drive up to Onkteb and Aunt Gail's on Friday took about 6 hours and included 4 potty stops.  Actually one stop was on the shoulder of the New Jersey Turnpike, when Addie declared, "the peepee is coming now!" Amazing how fast I could get out of the car, run to her side, unfastened her seatbelt and get her pants and underwear down over the grass!  I should be in competitions or something! 
Addie and Ben were both so excited to see Onkteb and Aunt and their cats, that even though it was 1am, they wanted to visit.  We ended up crashing around 2:30 or so.  Saturday morning was nice, just hanging out there. Their apartment is huge and really nicely open for kids.  It'd be an awesome place to decorate/design if they owned it!  
Saturday afternoon we met up at one of my online friend's house.  I've been online with Rebecca for almost 4 years now.  I've always thought our children were remarkably similar and putting them together validated my belief.  Rebecca and Steve were the ultimate hosts, giving us pizza, then letting every toy in Gracie's room be out, then painting in the basement, then putting on a concert with full audio-capabilities.  Everyone had a lot of fun and it was a pleasure hanging out with them.  Even our husbands got along right away. Makes me wish they lived closer. I imagine we'd be hanging out a lot more.
We got back to Onkteb's and decided where to eat dinner.  We closed the night out with watching the cartoon version of Charolette's Web. 
Sunday morning the kids dressed in their Eagles clothes and we went to the town center where we had breakfast at this cute diner.  It's really nice that they live in a place where there seriously is a town center and things are within walking distance. I bet Hudson, MA gets a good walk score!
We ended up leaving shortly thereafter, after lots of swinging around with Onkteb and Aunt Gail.  The drive home was uneventful, except for tons of rain for about 90 minutes on the NJ Turnpike.
Overall, a trip well worthwhile.  And thank God for portable DVD players! Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had an awesome time!!! Also wish you guys lived closer.