Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ben's zingers

Remember four years ago when I posted on here that I wish I had a video camera recording every second of our days, since there are so many funny things said? Yeah? I still feel that way.

Last weekend we were having dinner with Muddy.  Brian and I were teasing each other about something, I don't remember what. Ben very exasperatedly throws his hands in the air and said, "I still never understand why you two got married anyway!" When we stopped and stared in disbelief at him, he continued, "you're not like each other at all. I just don't get it."  Not what we expected to hear from our precious six year old and apparently we've done a poor job of explaining compatibility and love!!

Last night we were driving in the car and Addie was telling us about a boy in her class who said "The B word."  Ben immediately wanted to know what "the B word" was and I tried to play it dumb and say, "I don't even know what she means Ben," to which Addie said, "you know the B-I one." That immediately prompted Brian to interject and cut off the conversation. He said, "the most disgusting thing to me is a kid who talks like that." Benjamin immediately replied, "Um, if you licked your own butt that would be more disgusting." It was so funny and so innocent. I couldn't see his face, but I can imagine the perplexed look on his face thinking "really? out of all of the gross things, it's that?" The conversation went further into what actually was even more disgusting than licking one's own butt, which not surprisingly, there are several that we came up with.  I kept saying, "I need to write this down when I get home," and since Facebook is an app on my phone and my blog isn't as immediate-connection-friendly, I got to capture it there first.  Not to worry Blog Followers, I promise to share some more gems here first.

No comments: