Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We went...

to Disney!!
 The kids had NO idea where we were going, since when we got on the airport shuttle I told the driver "US Air" and he asked "Domestic?" I replied "yes." So the kids were convinced we were going to "Domestic!" Even when we were on the plane en route to Orlando, Brian convinced them we would arrive in Orlando and then drive to Domestic. Addie even said, "I've never been to Domestic before!" It was quite funny. The lady next to me said, "Wow, your kids really trust you."
Once we arrived in the Orlando airport, I told them they had the wrong shirts on and gave them their Disney shirts.
Ten minutes later, Benjamin actually said to me, "Wait, are we really going to Disney or not?"
Once we arrived at the hotel and checked in, we hung out in the lobby for a little while...
 and then Addie and Ben were shocked to see some other family members! It was fun because I had Addie, Ben, Brian, Muddy and Guppy looking at my camera like I was trying to take a family picture when LouLou, Bub, Kate, Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Amanda all walked up!
 Big hugs all around.  
Our first rule of this trip was to do it...to head to Hollywood Studios to ride the only ride that Addie and Ben haven't been tall enough for until this trip...Aerosmith's Rockin Rollercoaster!!
 Outside, all ready to go in!
 They loved it, just as we knew they would.
 This was our third or fourth time (sorry my eyes are closed).
We had to replicate Ben's previous sticker-wearing infatuation too. 
This was a very successful first day in our surprise vacation!

1 comment:

Djehuti said...

I love the story of them being surprised to see Jeremy, Amanda, Lulu & Bub!
love,
Uncle Teb