Thursday, June 9, 2011

Much ado about everything

We've been really busy recently, since Aunt Kim and Uncle Tom's wedding. I will be posting pictures and updates as I can. But, just know we're all here and plugging right along.
This past weekend I spoke at a conference in Rehoboth Beach and the gang came along for some fun.
Our hotel room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the boardwalk and ocean!! Awesome. The kids and Brian managed to go into the ocean while I was speaking. When I was done, I found them swimming in the pool. The water was a balmy 68 degrees in the ocean and 72 degrees in the pool!

Sunday was overcast, so we hung out on the balcony for a while before heading home. These were just our impromptu pictures from the balcony.

The view of the ocean from our room.

A little boy won the dolphin stuffed animal in Funland and then gave it to Addie.


The kids think it's hysterical to take silly pictures right now. I am always creeped out how Addie looks with her eyes rolled up. Blech.


Saturday night in Funland. Brian has to go on the teacups because the spinning will make me sick. Interestingly enough, Addie really wanted to go on Gravitron, the spinning centrifugal force ride where you get stuck to the walls. Brian said there's zero chance he could go on without getting sick, since as a kid he used to go 10 times in a row. I was a little hesitant since I hadn't been on since I was a teenager either, and a little fearful with my propensity for passing out, but ultimately I thought I could handle it. It was pretty cool to be on that ride with my 6 year old, because all of these "cool" 14 year olds were on there and they were cussing because they're so cool,etc. Addie just went with it, and afterwards was begging to go back on for more rides. I actually got a little worried initially when I saw all of the flashing strobes and stuff, since Addie hasn't really been exposed to those before (and they are known to cause seizures in people who have seizure disorder- not that she has it, but I'm always cautious with her history of the febrile seizures). We were both fine. She was on my right side and we were holding hands. At one point I turned my head down to her to ask her how she liked it, and then I couldn't move my head back up! Fun times.

1 comment:

Onkteb said...

Addie,
The Graviton was my absolute favorite ride when I was a kid and teenager! I'm so glad you like it, too!
love,
Onkteb