Monday, July 20, 2009

Surprise and roller skating

Much to my surprise and happiness, my older sister Wendy showed up on Saturday! She has decided to move back to Delaware, after being away for 15 years. I had no idea; Muddy and Guppy picked her and her dog Lucy up from the airport on Saturday.  It was a really cool surprise. Addie and Ben were excited to see her, and now they have another dog they get to think belongs to them! 

Since I had the roller skating party to take Addie to, I called over to Muddy and Guppy's house (where Wendy is staying til she gets settled) and asked if Wendy want to go as well. She agreed.
Here's my Addie girl rocking the roller skates. I love her pose, like she knows what the stopper is for!
This picture is just plain eerie! It shows how the roller rink is haunted by the headless man.
Addie spent most of her time skating like this. She actually did really well. She was much more balanced than I expected.  In her usual way, after Aunt Wendy broke away to skate a little on her own, Addie looked up at me and said, "I taught her how to do that." 
Here she is showing how she skates on one foot

Oops, this one again!
There was just a little bit of time spent like this!

And to finish the trip off, she was thrilled to hold her hand out for the other skaters to high-5 her.
The rink was rented for 2 hours for this private party. There were about 15 of us there. Pretty cool!

No comments: